My TEDx talk is now public. It’s all about how bad current EHR systems are at helping us do our jobs as doctors. The title is “Rethinking clinical thinking: your doctor’s tools are blunt”. Enjoy it at:
I’m copying over the promotional email I got. Note that the last day to apply for a ticket is October 24, 2014.
A Day of Mind-Blowing Talks and Personal Stories
TEDxUppsalaUniversity will run their second event ever at Uppsala Stadsteater on Saturday, November 15.
Eight local and international speakers, ranging from scientists to authors to activists to musicians, will give unique, surprising and personal talks around the theme ‘Who Cares?’. Join us for a day of brilliant talks and workshops that will blow your mind and make you wonder: what do I really care about?
TEDx is designed and organised entirely by local volunteers in Uppsala. The independently organised event will be held in the globally recognised TED style.
And our guests are…..
- Sofia Falk, a former undercover agent for the military who has since devoted her life to making organisations better for women
- Ida Lod, Stockholm-based violinist and performer will give us a musical piece with a surprising twist
- Otto Cars will talk about the dangers of infectious diseases in today’s world.
- Alan AtKisson will tell us “how to create a long-term global art project that can involve thousands of people and change the world”
- Malin Forsgren, who shelved her career to build the Swedish branch of worldwide organisation Operation Smile, which now provides half a million free health checks and 20 000 cost free operations every year to children with facial deformities, will talk about how “reason leads to conclusion, but emotion leads to action”.
- Martin Wehlou will show us how he aims to revolutionise the way doctors make their everyday decisions.
- Jan Chilar will give a short, practical talk “what does ‘clean’ mean?” will challenge our conception of how we should use chemicals in our lives. From bathing rituals of ancient Romans to sophisticated cleaning products of contemporary society, improvements in hygiene have always gone hand in hand with increased public health… but do we need all those cleaning products? What if our grandma was right when she told us to spray vinegar all around the house?
- More to come!
Watch TEDxUppsalaUniversity live!
If you want tickets to the live event at Uppsala Stadsteater on Saturday, November 15 can apply on the TEDx Uppsala University website www.tedxuppsalauniversity.com from Monday, September 29.
The event will also be live streamed on our website during the event for those who want to be a part of TEDx live. Get a few friends together and watch a day of brilliant ideas and personal stories. Edited videos of each talk will be posted the week after the event. Check our websites, Facebook or twitter for this release.
Lakin Anderson, Film, Marketing & Media Coordinator, TEDxUppsalaUniversity 2014, Uppsala, Sweden firstname.lastname@example.org +46 (0) 760 90 58 52